A capsule of Your Essential Supplements (YES) Ultimate EFAs contains a proprietary blend of pristine, vibrant, ‘raw’ oils cold-pressed* from organically-grown flax, pumpkin, sunflower, evening primrose and extra-virgin coconut oil. These are all rich in either:
- ‘triply essential’** fatty acid omega-6 linoleic acid (LA) or
- ‘triply essential’ fatty acid omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
YES only use pristine, vibrant, ‘raw’ oils cold-pressed from organically-grown plants in order to:
- maximise the levels of nutrients in the oils (including, of course, LA and ALA)
- minimise any residues of chemical pesticides and fertilisers in the oils
The people at YES are big fans of Brian Peskin’s work
(read the article ‘The Peskin Hypothesis‘)
- The proprietary blend in Ultimate EFAs maintains an LA:ALA ~2:1 ratio
- The proprietary blend also contains a little gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) to make it easier for the bodies of people with diabetes to make their own GLA
- YES’s recommended dose for an adult weighing 54-73 kilograms (120-160 US lbs.) is four 725mg capsules a day (i.e. 2,900mg total), two in the morning and two in the evening, with or without food. Add one capsule a day per additional 18 kilograms (40 US lbs.) body weight.
A pot of 120 capsules, then, is intended to be one month’s supply.
The price of a pot of 120 YES Ultimate EFAs capsules delivered to a UK address is £33.42 (including £3.45 post and packing), i.e. just 28 pence per capsule or £1.12 per the recommended daily dose.
YES Ultimate EFAs capsules contain no fish oils:
- the omega-3 (ALA):omega-6 (LA) ratio in fish oil is wrong. These days humans need an omega-6:omega-3 ratio ~2.5:1. Farmed fish usually have omega-6:omega-3 ratios between 1:10 and 1:20. Wild fish usually have omega-6:omega-3 ratios between 1:2 and 1:5.
- the forms of omega-3 it contains are principally ‘derivative’ (eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), whereas the human body principally needs ‘triply essential’ omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)), from which it makes all the EPA and DHA it needs
- Organic fish oils are as rare as hens’ teeth
YES Ultimate EFAs capsules are not suitable for vegetarians or vegans. The capsule casing ingredients include gelatin, added to significantly slow the rancidification of the blend inside.
* Both the terms ‘cold-pressed’ and ‘raw’ above mean ‘not heated above 49°Centigrade (C)/120°Fahrenheit (F) during processing’: a limit set in order to minimise damage to the fatty acids the plants contain.
** Read the article ‘Singly, doubly and triply essential nutrients‘
(17635) Nick Anderson. Green Health Watch 53 27.7.2019
IN STOCK. SPEEDY DELIVERY!